First Aid at Work Requalification Course
Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification : 2 day course
For those who currently hold a current First Aid at Work qualification which is due to expire. This is a two day course.
For those who currently have a First Aid at Work qualification you can attend this course if it is wiithin 1 month of the expiry date.
- If your qualification has lapsed by more than 1 month but no longer than 3 months, you can look to attend this course providing “special considerations” are applicable.
The special cconsiderations which may be applicable are :
- A letter signed by your employer indicating why, in the opinion of your employer, you are suitably experienced to attend a 2 day curse and you do not require the full 3 day First Aid at Work course.
- Following discussion with the training provider with your employer, or the First Aider, that your previous experience would warrant you attend only the 2 day course.
If your certificate is more than 3 months out of date then unfortunately you must attend a full 3-day course.
You must remember that as soon as your certificate expires you are no longer considered competent as a First Aider.
From an employer perspective is is important to remember that you need to ensure you have sufficient qualified first aiders at all times. It is therefore imperative that you arrange for your First Aiders to obtain their requalification within the time frames indicated above.
This course will re-qualify the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
A range of subjects are covered including :
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Heart attacks
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
The course consists of 12 hours contact / tuition time which is normally spread over at least 2 days. The course should ideally be run over two consecutive days. At First Aid Training North East Ltd we are flexible and can tailor the course to suit your specific needs. We need to ensure that once the course starts that the course is completed within 6 weeks of starting and each session needs to be at least two hours in duration.