First Aid for Mental Health Training Courses
First Aid for Mental Health.
Could you provide First Aid for Mental Health?
One in four people in the UK will have a mental health problem at some point. This can be a reaction to a difficult life event, such as bereavement, but can also be caused by work-related issues.
We have pleasure in Introducing our brand new First Aid for Mental Health training courses.
Level 1 (RQF)
Level 2 (RQF)
Level 3 (RQF)
These courses are suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to have a non-judgemental conversation, recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
Three different types of courses are available depending on your intended role…
- Level 1 (RQF) Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health – 1/2 Day
- Level 2 (RQF) Award in First Aid for Mental Health – 1 Day
- Level 3 (RQF) Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health – 2 Days
A range of subjects are covered including :
- What is First Aid for Mental Health
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Stress related
Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Suicide and Suicidal Thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety and much more
There are 3 course in this suit a:
- 4 hr contact classroom based course with a short paper at the end
- 6 hr contact classroom based course with a short paper at the end
- 12 hr contact classroom based course with a short paper at the end
Learners will be awarded, upon successful completion of the qualification assessment either a:
- Level 1 award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health L1
- Level 2 award in First Aid for Mental Health L2
- Level 3 award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health L3
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to qualify
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
Onsite / Inhouse
If you have several employees that you wish to train for First Aid for Mental Health then why not consider an onsite course. First Aid Training North East Ltd are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements, for our full range of courses that we have to offer.
To learn more why not visit our ON-SITE TRAINING page.
There are 3 different courses that are run at locations throughout the North East of England. We are also able to deliver these as an on-site courses if you have a number of delegates wishing to undertake them. See the syllabus for full course breakdown.